FIBARO Dimmer 2
FIBARO Dimmer 2 is a light dimming unit that can be controlled using a remote. It can work with different types of light sources. It may be connected to two-wire or three-wire configuration so it can operate with or without neutral lead. FIBARO Dimmer 2 uses radio waves to switch or dim connected light source. You can also use the wall switch linked directly to it to operate it.
To ensure high compatibility of the device and to make configuration easier new FIBARO Dimmer 2 is equipped with an algorithm of smart light source detection. It may be used as a switch with non-dimmable light sources (in 3-wire connection).
It works with:
- 230V operated conventional incandescent and halogen light sources
- 12V operated ELV halogen lamps (with electronic transformers)
- 12V operated MLV halogen lamps (with ferromagnetic transformers)
- Dimmable LED lamps
- Dimmable compact fluorescent CFL tube lamps
- Using Bypass FGB-002 with any dimmable light source up to 225VA in 2-wire connection (depending on the type of load)
As a switch, works with:
- Compact fluorescent lamps
- LED lamps
- Using Bypass FGB-002 with any compatible light source up to 225VA (depending on the type of load)
- Compatible with any Z-Wave and Z-Wave+ controller
- Implemented algorithm of smart light source detection
- Active power and energy metering functionality
- Works with various types of switches –toggle, momentary, three-way, etc.
- Soft-start function
- LED diode signaling inclusion status, calibration status and MENU levels
- Built-in Z-Wave range tester
- Dimmer automatically senses faults in wiring, reporting excess temperature, burnt bulb, overvoltage and overload
- Superior configuration options
- Power source 230V +/-10%, 50Hz
- Output power 25-500W (resistive loads only)
- Conforms to UE requlations:EN55022 (radio wave interference).
- EN61000-6 (safety of use)
- Surge protection: 2.5A.
- Overheating protection: safety off at 105°C.
- Ambient temperature: 10°C – 40°C.
- To be mounted in standard wall switch boxes 0 ≥ 50mm.
- Radio protocol: Z-Wave.
- Antenna range: up to ca. 50 meters outdoor, or up to 30 meters inside (depends on building structure).
- Outside dimensions (L x W x H) 42mm x 36mm x 15mm.
- In case of loads other than resistive, current intensity may not exceed 1.8A.
- Frequency- 865.2 Mhz Legal Indian Frequency
You can decrease lighting charges using a dimmer. Your eyes won’t even detect if the bulbs are dimmed permanently by around 20 percent. But you will be able to save a lot on electricity bills.